If you’re reading this it is most likely that you are contemplating starting an exercise program or you’re already exercising and perhaps looking for a trainer to improve your results. Visiting this site and reading this bio is your first step to becoming a healthier, happy, you. There is nothing more precious than our health. There is a direct correlation between a healthy body, a healthy mind and quality of life. Mind-body wellness starts with healthy eating, exercise and managing stress. I can work with you to address and improve all three of these areas.
Whether you’re a person who is knowledgeable about fitness and needs to raise the bar to achieve specific results, or have never exercised in your life and haven’t got a clue where to start – I can help. I have a broad understanding of prescribing exercise for a range of clientele. This includes everything from working with individuals with a fast-paced busy life to get the most out of their workouts, to helping over-weight individuals return to a healthier lifestyle. My job is to support you in achieving your goals. All you need to do is get here and I promise you will feel and see the improvements you have set for yourself.
Your path to a healthier you is a personal one. I approach each client openly and with the understanding that each person has their own story, challenges and relationship with exercise. My passion lies in helping individuals find a sensible, balanced relationship with exercise to improve their physical health as well as their mental and emotional well-being. I am a graduate from UBC’s Kinesiology program and obtained my personal training credentials through the Canadian Society of Exercise Physiology. I have consistently exercised five times a week for the last ten years of my life while balancing my life as a graduate student, teaching assistant, research assistant, server, and volunteer; exercise has been my outlet and helped me manage the stressors that come along with a busy lifestyle. Throughout my life exercise has helped me maintain great physical health and keep a positive and upbeat outlook. I’m a firm believer in living a balanced life style. I endorse the 80/20 rule: 80% of your healthy behaviours should sustain and nourish your body; the other 20% of your habits should bolster the soul. I approach personal training holistically by focusing on the circular and reinforcing relationship between improved physical health and mental wellbeing.
In addition to the above, my graduate thesis research focused on the role of exercise in the treatment and management of eating disorders; as well as the influence of exercise on weight related and body image issues. I work with clients to rehabilitate and replace unhealthy exercise habits and create lifelong, sustainable relationships with healthy physical activity. I bring an understanding of primary and secondary psychiatric diagnoses and what exercise practices are best suited for different clinical presentations.
I live my life vibrantly and fully, and I welcome the opportunity to share my passion and energy to support you in achieving your fitness goals and becoming a healthier, happier, more self-confident you.